13 May 2012

The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight - Jennifer E. Smith

The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight
Jennifer E. Smith
2012

I was on the waiting list at my local library for quite a while for this book, and it was worth the wait. I had heard mixed reviews from different people on youtube, but I figured I should just read it for myself. And I'm glad I did.
The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight takes place over a 24 hour period. Hadley is going to England for her father's second wedding even though she doesn't really want to go. For a variety of very small (almost insignificant) reasons, she misses her flight by four minutes. And that's where the story starts. Hadley manages to get a seat on the next flight to England, although she will barely make the wedding by the time she gets there. She meets a very attractive British boy, Oliver, at the airport who becomes her friend for the wait and then again on the airplane (She is seat 18A and he is in seat 18C). And that's where my brief synopsis is going to end.
While the largest (and most exciting) portion of the actual plot happens towards the end of the book, the beginning isn't boring. The characters are very well written, and they act their age. There's frustration with parents and life in general. 
My favourite part of the book was probably the very end. I can't say exactly what it is other than it happens at the wedding reception. It was adorable. Or all the times when Hadley asks what Oliver is studying at school and he makes it up. 
The book also has a very attractive cover. Even if I hadn't heard about this book on youtube I probably would have picked it up.

I give this book 4.5 stars out of 5. It was a fantastic book and I highly suggest picking it up.

Have you read this book? 

No comments:

Post a Comment