5 March 2012

I've Got Your Number - Sophie Kinsella

I've Got Your Number
Sophie Kinsella
2012

Sophie Kinsella is one of my favourite authors, and somehow this book got released with me unaware. But that didn't stop me from buying it and reading it within 24 hours. 
I've Got Your Number is a little bit predictable, but a good read nonetheless. It's about Poppy, a physiotherapist who loses a very precious family heirloom and then her cell phone. But somehow, there is one in a garbage bin that she just happens to see. The story then follows her and the adventures she has with this cell phone and the people she meets. And let me tell you, she gets herself into some pickles.
This book was a typical Sophie Kinsella novel. Somewhat strong female lead gets herself in some situation and then has crazy adventures trying to sort herself, and everyone else, out. The main character was funny and she was easy to fall in love with. There were times where I wanted to yell at her and tell her what she was doing was wrong, but I mean, she's a fictional character so that's a little bit impossible.
I had two absolute favourite parts of this book, and neither of these were plot driven (although there were lots of favourite and memorable moments throughout the book that were plot driven). 
Favourite Part #1: The footnotes. Sophie Kinsella uses different things throughout her novels such as emails and such, but the footnotes were fantastic. They gave a lot more insight into Poppy's thoughts without taking away from the story. If you're not into footnotes, you could probably skip them. 
Favourite Part #2: Having to look up a word. Very rarely do I have to actually stop what I'm reading and go to a dictionary. Just for all of you blog readers, I'll share the word. Pusillanimous: showing lack of courage or determination, timid. I think it's a very good word.

The book is available for purchase from Amazon here: I've Got Your Number: A Novel

I give this book 3.9 stars out of 5. It would get higher, but it was slightly predictable, but a very good mindless chick-lit read. Not my favourite by this author, but not much can top the Shopaholic series or Can You Keep A Secret.

Have you read this book? What did you think? 

No comments:

Post a Comment