8 March 2012

Let It Snow - John Green, Maureen Johnson, Lauren Myracle

Let It Snow
John Green. Maureen Johnson, Lauren Myracle
2008

I had been wanting this book for a while, but for some reason never purchased it. And then I needed another book in order to get free shipping, and this was on sale, so I figured 'why not!'. And that was a good idea. Let It Snow is three kind of separate short stories (each author has written one) that end up coming together. The fact they are interconnected is important to remember. The book also says that it's 'three holiday romances' which it is, but you don't just have to read the book at Christmas or in the winter. It's a good book at any time of the year (as most books are).
The first story, The Jubilee Express by Maureen Johnson, is about a girl named Jubilee and her parents who are obsessed with the little Christmas villages. A lot of things happen, and she ends up meeting this very nice person. Then the story kind of ended. I was upset because I felt like there was no closure. There was a lot of buildup to a moment that didn't happen. But remember - the stories are interconnected. Once I figured this out, I was a lot less disappointed.
The second story is A Cheertastic Christmas Miracle by John Green. Hilarious story. Important thing to note in this story is that 'The Duke' is a girl. I kept forgetting this fact and getting very confused. This is the story of friends who are on an expedition to find the hot cheerleaders in a diner type place. Shenanigans happen and it all ends up okay.
The final story is The Patron Saint of Pigs by Lauren Myracle. This was probably my favourite story out of all of them, and not just because I share a first name with the author. I had never read any of her other books and I didn't know what to expect with her writing style, but this story was so good. I also may have liked it because everything from the first two stories gets wrapped up at the end. Everything you are waiting to hear about or find out about is at the end. And there was an adorable sounding pig. What more could you ask for in a story! 

The book is available for purchase from Amazon here: Let It Snow

Overall, I give this book 4.5 stars out of 5. It was funny and made me laugh and although I was a little wary about one of the characters, he grew on me.

Have you read this book? Did you like it? Have you read any of the other books by these authors?

No comments:

Post a Comment